I need to write this down… These are all things I want to do, want to improve, or want to get used to now that I can actually take the time to do so…
This list is in no way ordered by priority, it’s just a way for me to kind of visualise, and then eventually cross things off that I want to do / etc.
- Public transport (Taking a bus or two to be more precise)
- It IS a nightmare, not only because I’m in a wheelchair, but because there are often a lot of people, a lot of noise, and a lot of distractions.
- At the moment I can’t take a bus for more than about three short stops before I start getting incredibly panicky.
- The tube, and trains are a nightmare around Ealing, most, if not all tube / train stations have NO disabled access whatsoever 😦 – So for the moment, that’s a bit of a no-no…
- Consistent schedule
- This includes things like bedtimes, wake up times, etc.
- I need to work out what the best schedule is for me, so I both have the energy to do things, and am not up late because I’ve got too MUCH energy.
- Granted, my energy levels fluctuate on a daily basis regardless of how much sleep I seem to get, but maybe this will help…
- MEET PEOPLE!
- Yes, this is one thing I absolutely want, and need to do. I’ve become more and more of a recluse (again) since my hospitalisation.
- This was one of the biggest problems I had before I was finally able to go out as myself (I.E.: Melanie, not the mask I was wearing prior to that) two years ago.
- Go Riding
- Giving it a try is definitely on my list. It might help me cope with every day life a little better. Partly because it’ll (hopefully) be a complete distraction from exactly that.
To be continued…